Finds your % chance of getting top cheap travel money cards
Click here for full card info
The Santander Zero has been relaunched following its withdrawal several years ago and is once again one of our top-pick cards for spending abroad.
The card does also come with cashback offers of up to 25% at selected retailers, often tailored to you, but which can include Homebase and New Look. To get them, you'll need to turn on 'Retailer Offers' via online or mobile banking.
- There's no fee for cash withdrawals, yet you'll be charged interest at 29.9% until you pay it off in full.
- You can minimise this cost: you're only charged interest until you've fully repaid the balance, so if you pay off the withdrawal amount as soon as you can (via internet banking while abroad, or when you get home) you can reduce the interest.
- You don't get charged interest on spending abroad, provided you pay this off in full by the date shown on your statement.
- The rate you'll get is set by Mastercard, which you can check here – it tends to be slightly better than Visa's & Amex's rate.
|Cost of £100 worth of..
- Exchange rate fee: Europe: 0% | Worldwide: 0%
- Cash withdrawal fee: None | Interest on cash withdrawals? Yes, until it's repaid in full
APR on spending: 18.9% (see Official APR Examples)
- Interest rate on ATM withdrawals: 29.9%
- Card issuer: Mastercard
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 18.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 18.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.