Finds your % chance of getting top cheap travel money cards
Click here for full card info
If you already hold a Nationwide current account then you can get Nationwide's Select credit card which has fee-free overseas spending.
However, primarily use this only to spend as its 27.9% rep APR is charged on cash withdrawals even if you clear in full, and there's also a fee every time you withdraw.
Need to knows
- To qualify, you need to hold a Nationwide FlexAccount current account and pay £750 a month into it (and have done so for the last three months). Alternatively, you need to hold the Nationwide FlexDirect (no fee, pays interest) or FlexPlus (£10/month) current accounts.
- The Nationwide FlexAccount comes with free UK and European travel insurance.
- The rate you'll get is set by Visa, which you can check here – it tends to be slightly lower than Mastercard's rate.
- You don't get charged interest on spending abroad, provided you pay this off in full by the date shown on your statement.
- This card charges 27.9% rep APR on cash withdrawals from the date they're made, plus a 2.5% fee, so avoid if you can.
- If you do withdraw cash, pay it off as soon as you can (via internet banking while abroad, or as soon as you get home) so you minimise interest costs.
- Exchange rate fee: Europe: 0% | Worldwide: 0%
- Cash withdrawal fee: 2.5% (min £3) | Interest: Yes, until it's repaid in full
- Card issuer: Visa
- Interest on ATM withdrawals: 27.9%
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 15.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 15.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.