Finds your % chance of getting top cheap travel money cards
Click here for full card info
The Halifax Clarity credit card has no foreign exchange fee anywhere in the world, so you can get the best rate possible. Plus there's no fee for cash withdrawals, though you will be charged interest on them even if repaid in full.
- There's no fee for cash withdrawals, yet you'll be charged interest at 18.9% representative APR even if you pay it off in full. So it works out at about £1.50/month for each £100 withdrawn (if you get this APR).
- You can minimise this cost: you're only charged interest until you've fully repaid the balance, so if you pay off the withdrawal amount as soon as you can (via internet banking while abroad, or when you get home) you can minimise interest.
- You don't get charged interest on spending abroad, provided you pay this off in full by the date shown on your statement.
- The rate you'll get is set by Mastercard– it tends to be higher than Visa's rate, making this a top card for spending.
- This rate is only for the Clarity credit card, not Halifax's own travel money bureau, which generally offers lower exchange rates.
- Some poorer credit scorers will get 21.9% or 25.9% APR, which will make cash withdrawal interest more expensive.
|Cost of £100 worth of..
Loading (exchange rate fee). Europe: 0% | Worldwide: 0%
Fee: FREE | Interest: Yes even if repaid in full
- : Mastercard
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 18.95% (variable) your Representative APR would be 18.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.