Finds your % chance of getting top cheap travel money cards
Click here for full card info
The Barclaycard travel card offers no fees on spending or cash withdrawals. And, while it has a high interest rate on cash withdrawals abroad, if you pay off your balance in full each month on or before your statement date, you won't actually be charged any interest - so it could prove cheaper than the cards above if you prefer to withdraw cash rather than spend.
But - and this is a big one - the card's only fee free overseas until 31 August 2018 - so after that you'll need to find a new card.
What's 'pre-approval'? Barclaycard has now provided info so we can tell many people they've a 100% chance of getting that exact deal (subject to passing its ID & fraud check). There's no impact on your credit score, though of course if you then apply, that marks your file.
- There's no fees for spending or withdrawing cash abroad until 31 August 2018.
- You don't get charged interest on spending or cash withdrawals abroad, provided you pay them off in full by the date shown on your statement.
- Any cash withdrawals in pounds will be charged interest from the day you make them at 27.9% representative APR, so it's best to avoid.
- The rate you'll get is set by Visa, which you can check here – it tends to be slightly lower than Mastercard's rate.
- Make sure you pay off any purchases IN FULL or you'll be charged 14.9% interest, which'll quickly wipe the gain from this being fee free overseas.
- Exchange rate fee: Europe: 0% | Worldwide: 0%
- Cash withdrawal fee: None | Interest on cash withdrawals? Only if not repaid in full
APR on spending: 14.9% (see Official APR Examples)
- Interest rate on ATM withdrawals: 27.9%
- Card issuer: Visa
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 14.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 14.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.