Finds your % chance of getting top rewards cards
Click here for full card info
If you fancy yourself as a bit of a jet setter then the British Airways Amex card can reward you with free flights. Plus, if you're accepted you can get 5,000 bonus Avios points. But you need to be quite flexible with your dates as seats can be limited. You can also get a 'free' companion ticket if you spend £20,000/yr on the card.
Need to knows
- You'll earn 1 Avios point per £1 spent on the card.
- Spend £1,000 in the first three months and you'll receive 5,000 bonus Avios points.
- You'll still have to pay taxes on any free flights that you redeem.
- Spend £20,000/year, and you get one free 'companion ticket' when booking a flight. The free ticket can be used to get the same ticket type as the cardholder (if you go first class, so do they), though only on BA. But you'll still need to pay taxes and charges on top.
- Be sure you repay in full, otherwise the gain will be eroded by the 22.9% representative APR.
- Intro bonus? 5,000 Avios
- Standard miles: 1 for every £1
- Annual fee: N/A
- Min income: N/A
- Miles expire after? 3 years from when you collect your last one
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 22.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 22.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.