Finds your % chance of getting top rewards cards
Click here for full card info
The American Express Platinum Cashback card pays new cardholders 5% intro cashback for the first three months on up to £2,500 spending, and then tiered cashback up to 1.25%.
- After the intro period, spending attracts 1% cashback up to £10,000 spending, then 1.25% cashback above that.
- However, this card charges an annoying £25 annual fee.
- Ensure you repay in full every month to avoid the 22.9%
interest on spending which'd quickly wipe out cashback gains.
- This card is issued by Amex, which tends to charge retailers more when you pay. This means it can afford to give you more cashback, but also means it's accepted less, especially by smaller businesses.
- Cashback:5% for 3mths (max £125), then 1% up to £10,000 and 1.25% from £10,001+
- Paid out: On card anniversary
- Max cashback/year: N/A
- Annual fee: £25
- Min spend: N/A
- Min income: N/A
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 22.9% (variable), your Representative APR, including the £25 annual fee, would be 28.2% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.