Finds your % chance of getting top purchases cards
Click here for full card info
Do you want to rebuild your credit, or get a short respite from other debts? Barclaycard Initial has a six-month 0% period on spending and is designed for both of these purposes.
- Credit limits tend to be low, between £250 and £1,200 to start with.
- There are two main uses of this card; either use it to rebuild credit or as a respite from payday loans or bank charges.
- Even during the 0%, you MUST still make at least the monthly minimum repayments (preferably more) - 0% doesn't mean nothing
- You'll pay 34.9% interest on any balance left over after the 0% period, so try to clear the card, or at least minimise the debt.
- If you always pay on time and don't go over your limit, Barclaycard will reduce your interest rate by up to 5% over two years.
- If you already have a Barclaycard you won't be able to get this one.
- We would caution anyone with past credit problems against getting new borrowing.
- Promo rate: 0% for 6 months
- Any restrictions? No more than one outstanding CCJ in past six years.
- Required income: £3,000
- Rate example: Official APR example
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 34.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 34.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.