Finds your % chance of getting top balance transfer cards
Click here for full card info
The Halifax card has the longest-ever 0% period on balance transfers, where you don't pay a fee to transfer debt to it. But, some will get 13 months rather than the full 26 months.
- The rate after the 0% period is 18.9% rep APR for both purchases and BTs.
- You must transfer your balance in the first 90 days to get the 0% deal. Transfers made after this time will pay 18.9% APR and a 3% fee.
- Some poorer credit scorers will be given 21.9% or 25.9% APRs.
- After the 0% period, either pay the card off before interest hits, or, if you can't, do another balance transfer.
- You can't transfer from other Halifax cards. However you can transfer from Lloyds and Bank of Scotland, which are also owned by Lloyds Banking Group.
- BT and spending length & fee: up to 26 months 0%, no fee
- Card issuer: Mastercard
- Min income: N/A
Min repay: Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £5
- Will I get the full 0%? Not necessarily. Some will get 13 months
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 18.95% (variable) your Representative APR would be 18.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.