Finds your % chance of getting top balance transfer cards
Click here for full card info
This Barclaycard offers more than three years at 0%, with a lower fee than the cards in the section above which offer just a few months more, so it's a good option if you're sure you can clear your debt in 37 months. And you can check if you're pre-approved...
What's 'pre-approval'? Barclaycard has now provided info so we can tell many people they've a 100% chance of getting that exact deal (subject to passing its ID & fraud check). There's no impact on your credit score, though of course if you then apply, that marks your file.
- You'll be charged a fee of 3.5% of the amount transferred, then Barclaycard will credit back 2.1% within 2 working days, so the effective fee is 1.4%.
- We say 'up to' 37mths as some may get fewer months at 0%, depending on credit score which won't make it as good a deal.
- You can't transfer a balance from another Barclaycard.
- After your 0% deal ends, you'll pay 18.9% interest a year on any balance transfer debt left over.
- You need to transfer the balance within 60 days, or you won't get the 0% period.
- Always pay at least the minimum monthly repayment, or you'll lose the 0% deal.
- Don't spend/withdraw cash on this card. It usually isn't at the cheap rate and cash withdrawals hit your credit file.
- Balance transfer length & transfer fee: Up to 37 months, 1.4% fee
- Card issuer: Visa
Min repayment: Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, 2.25% of balance or £5
- Any restrictions? Must transfer within 60 days
- Min income: N/A
- Will I get the full 0%? Not necessarily. Some poorer credit scorers will get 18 months, though if you're pre-approved, you'll get the full time at 0%.
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 18.9% (variable) your Representative APR would be 18.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.