Finds your % chance of getting top balance transfer cards
Click here for full card info
The Bank of Scotland balance transfer card is one of the top picks for its no fee.
- Poorer credit scorers may get a shorter 18 months at 0%, which isn't such a good deal.
- If you can't pay off within 24 months, credit cards with longer balance transfer periods are available.
- You can't transfer from other Bank of Scotland cards but you can transfer from Halifax, Lloyds, AA and Saga, which are also owned by Lloyds Banking Group.
- After the 0% period ends, any debt left on the card will start to accrue interest at 18.9% representative APR (some people who get the card will be given APRs of 21.9% or 25.9%).
- It's cheaper to pay a higher fee than to pay interest at 18.9% representative APR or more. Either pay off in FULL before interest hits, or, if you can't, do another balance transfer.
- Balance transfer length & fee: up to 24 mths 0%, no fee
- Card issuer: Mastercard
Min repayment: Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, or £5
- Any restrictions? Must transfer within 90 days
- Min income: N/A
- Will I get the full 0%? Not necessarily. Some may get 18mths 0%
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 18.95% (variable) your Representative APR would be 18.9% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.