Finds your % chance of getting top airline cards
Click here for full card info
For very frequent Virgin flyers, the Virgin Atlantic Black card is packed with rewards, but charges a huge £140 annual fee, so make sure it's worth it for you.
Plus, if you spend £7,500 in a year, you get a companion ticket. But you'll need to book a qualifying fare directly with Virgin to use it and you'll pay taxes and charges on both tickets. You'll also get a single one-way premium economy upgrade on a flight paid for entirely with points once you spend £5,000/year.
Need to knows
- You get both an Amex and a Visa card when you open this credit card account.
- You'll earn 2 miles per £1 spent on the Amex and 1 mile per £1 spent on the Visa.
- You'll get an intro bonus of 18,500 miles on your first purchase within 90 days.
- If you apply before 3 April 2017 and spend a total of £3,000 in the first 90 days, you'll get an additional bonus of 6,500 miles.
- Companion tickets are valid for 12 months, though book early – flights are subject to availability. You'll need to call to book anyway so you'll be told the qualifying fare options then, though it's likely to be the more expensive fares, not the cheapest ones that MoneySavers would usually go for.
- Upgrades are for economy to premium economy only. Upgrade vouchers are valid for 12 months and you can earn a maximum of two vouchers per year. You'll need to have used Flying Club miles to book the flights, and you'll need to pay taxes and charges on top.
- Repay IN FULL every month to avoid paying interest, which would wipe any gain.
- Intro bonus: 18,500 miles plus 6,500 miles if you spend £3,000 in 90 days
- Standard miles: Amex: 2 miles for every £1; Visa: 1 mile for every £1
- Annual fee: £140
- Min income: N/A
- Miles expire: 3 years after you collect your last.
A nonsense piece of regulation means we have to tell you if you were to spend £1,200 at an annual interest rate of 22.9% (variable) with a £140 annual fee, your representative APR will be 57.4% (variable).
Unlike applying, which usually leaves a hard search on your credit file and can hurt your future credit worthiness,
our eligibility calculator uses a soft search. We use this to find out how likely you are to be accepted.
You see the soft search on your credit file, but lenders don't, so it has no credit impact.
Use this calculator to home in on the card you're most likely to get.
As well as eligibility you'll get...
New! Free Experian
Credit Club now holds your full Experian Credit Report, so you can see what lenders really know, including payment history, applications, what credit you have and more.
MoneySavingExpert Affordability score
Lenders separately assess how much you can afford to borrow, factoring in income and expenditure. Our affordability score mimics that.
Your Credit Score's based on what's in your credit report and is a speedy overview of how well you're managing your credit accounts.
Join Credit Club
MoneySavingExpert Real World Credit Hit Rate
What really counts is if you apply for products, will you get 'em? We show your chances of getting a basket of top credit cards & loans.
We are now calculating your chances of acceptance.